Saturday, August 9, 2008

Seattle



Stacey and I met our sisters in Seattle today.  We'll only be here about a day before our cruise leaves for Alaska.  Stacey and I were able to meet my friends Courtney and Tracy for lunch at Etta's, where we had a delicious Dungeness crab cocktail with green papaya and mint.  We tried to spend some time in Pike's Place Market, but it was hideously crowded.  I will be happy as long as I make it to Piroshky Piroshky before we leave.  It's a favorite from my last trip to Seattle -- even Anthony Bourdain stopped there for a sausage piroshky on a recent episode of No Reservations.  I don't know if it is authentic, but I know it is tasty.

Tonight we have dinner reservations at Brasa.  Tomorrow, after brunch at our hotel, we're off to the ship!


2 comments:

Christine said...

Yo...I feel rejected by the "our sisters" comment. In the words of a wise UJ "what am I dirt." I think I forget what you all look like..... I want to be on the cruise.,... I should be in the "our"....is that enough whining???

Amy said...

You get to come with us on the Vamvas Greek Reunion Cruise. Opa!