Saturday, April 11, 2009

Safe and sound.

I apologize for taking so long to post that we have arrived in Massachusetts! It's been a hairy couple of days. As many of you know, Stacey and I are buying the house I grew up in from my father. He and my stepmother are renovating a house she bought before they met, but it's not finished yet. So in the meantime, we had to find a way to fit all of our stuff into a house that is already pretty full of their stuff. Yesterday our movers (who were great) dropped off our belongings and we managed to fit everything, though some rooms are packed to the gills! Yesterday Stacey's father and stepmother arrived after driving our second car across the country (thanks Bill and Susan!) and we went to our beloved Blue Room with both families to celebrate our triumphant return! I am happy to be in Massachusetts, but already getting a bit tired of living out of boxes/suitcases and of cat-and-dog negotiations (my father's golden retriever, Lucy, wants to be Scout's friend; Scout would prefer that she drop dead). The weekend will be full of errands and school work and then it's back to the grind on Monday. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Glad to hear you made it. Good luck!!

SGM said...

Glad you're here Amy! Good luck with work Monday. Am so glad you will be there when I get back! Love all the photos and the food adventures you found on your drive.